Did you miss this little gem on my blog during April? I kind of did. There’s something refreshing about going through your week looking for moments to make fun of yourself so you can amuse others with them. While I’m in Hawaii sunning myself, I give you Gibbs rules.
I’ve been a fan of NCIS a long time. I kind of had a crush on Mark Harmon back from the movie Presidio. “You can have her, she’s dangerous.” Said with a sexy sneer. Anyway I digress…
Frequently on NCIS they refer to Gibbs Rules. But it’s not like the spout them off routinely or often enough for you to catch it when they oops. And of course they aren’t written down on the show, that would be too easy. Clearly the writers for the show didn’t bother to write them down either because this is what I found when I did write them down. (Yes, I wrote down every Gibbs rule when it was mentioned for 12 seasons.)
1.Don’t screw over your partner. (wise) 1b. Don’t let suspects stay together. (duh)
Yep there are two rule ones. They actually get around to making fun of that in season 12.
2. Always wear gloves at a crime scene. (reasonable)
3. Don’t believe what you are told, double check. 3b. Never be unreachable. (raises eyebrow)
Again in Season 12 they mention 3 is a double rule. Perhaps they got a continuity editor in Season 12? LOL
4. One can keep a secret. Two if absolutely necessary. (I’ve heard this only works if the second person is dead.)
5. Don’t waste good. (Fab advice.)
6. Never say you’re sorry, it’s a sign of weakness. ( a little weakness is a positive thing, keeps you human.)
7. Always be specific when you lie. (I write for a living, no problem there.)
8. Never assume. 8b. Never take anything for granted. (even Gibbs rules?)
9. Never go anywhere without your knife. (er, airport anyone?)
10. Never get personally involved on a case. (bwahahahah.)
11. When the job is done walk away. (sound advice)
12. Never date a co worker. (but it makes work such fun)
13. Never involve a lawyer. (lol – no comment)
14. Bend the line, don’t break it. (god were the show writers giving themselves advice?)
15. We work as a team. (sure you do Gibbs)
16. If someone thinks they have the upper hand, break it. (you’d need a lawyer then)
18. Better to seek forgiveness, than ask permission. (I used to work with a guy who bought into this.)
20. Always look under. (under what?)
22. Never bother Gibbs in interrogation.
23. Never mess with a Marine’s coffee. (never mess with anyone’s coffee)
35. Always watch the watchers. (creepy but wise)
36. If you feel like you’re being played, you probably are. (spidey senses working over time)
38. Your case, your lead.
39. There’s no such thing as a coincidence. (I beg to differ)
40. If it seems like someone is after you, they are. (ditto spidey)
42. Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you. (ROFL)
44. First things first, hide the women and children. (Ok so Gibbs is a bit of a chauvinist)
45. Second chances.
51. Sometimes you’re wrong.
61. Give people space when getting off the elevator. (perhaps a Gibbs headslap would help my kiddo learn this.)
69. Never trust a woman who doesn’t trust her man. (Amen.)