Ha- I’m actually at cafe. No, really. I am. I’m waiting on my chicken pesto three cheese gluten free pizza. ooh it’s here. Hold please, must consume food.
Ok, I’m back. So my friend V is very excited about this publishing convention cruise she heard about. But dang it’s pricey. 200 for the convention. 600 for the cruise. plus flight from PacNW to Florida. If only. sigh. Part of me thinks it could be a great investment but then I think for 2K I could do a lot of online marketing. ALOT.
I think it’s probably a no brainer. I’ll saving cruising for the fam and spend my novel dollars where it might do some good.
I’ve forgotten how many interesting and random conversations I end up having at write in.
-Whether a character should be made to be more obviously evil.
-Car accident someone had
-time difference to Germany
-the process of creating a name for a new species
-pokemon go and traveling to catch unique pokemons
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday for a little prod of accountability.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ Totally did not happen in July and is very unlikely to happen in August. It will become obvious as you read on.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ Working on it.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
√ Beta is back and now I need to fix it. Get out the sledge hammer.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ I got one of the books I was planning to use for research. That’s forward motion.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either.
√ Been doing well since I have no time to do anything fun. pout.
– yoga daily.
√ Actually I have been doing this.
– New Goals: Survive the pool board
I think it’s down below ten hours a week which is good because I’m ramping up responsibility at the coop my son attends and where I’m on the board. Yes, I’m on two boards. Yes, I’m crazy. I get that. But I really thought the pool would be low key. And I love the coop. Ok that might be a stretch, but my son loves the coop and I am willing to put in the hours to make it a good place for him to thrive.
I’ve done 3 of the 72 things on my August to do list. Think I’ll make it? ROFL