With the new year in front of me and my first free giveaway just behind me, it seemed like a good time to consider where I want my writing to go next year.
A quick recap of the free giveaway. On one hand, 282 people downloaded Scripting the Truth while it was free and I already got a new review, here’s hoping for 281 more, LOL. But in the grand scheme of things I am bummed. Reddit never allowed my posts, which means my advertising was minimal, only word of mouth and Facebook friends. Which means my positional gains on the best seller list were minimal. But I can do another free run in three months, which leads me to item number one on my goals list.
- Research marketing locations for the next free giveaway for Scripting the Truth. Figure out the Reddit problem. Fine tune my categorization on amazon.
- Write 2500 plus words per week on my 2015 Nano novel til completion. (Only another 5-6 weeks to go on that, I think.)
- Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
- Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
- Edit my 2015 Nano Novel for 2016 publication.
- Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
Other non writing goals?
- Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either. Which leads me to …
- yoga daily.
I’ve made it a point to keep my goals things that are within my control, more or less. I would love to make have 10,000 followers my goal or sell 5000 copies as a goal but those are dependent on other people. And with my mind control abilities on the fritz these days, shrug, gotta focus on what I can directly do. Which brings me to my last … thought? I hesitate to say goal. I need to reconsider my twitter ban. I just don’t know if I can go there. sigh.
So tell what are your goals for the 2016 year? Or even one goal? or even what you think of my goals? What do you think of Twitter?