I have a serious case of the I don’t give a f*** funk, as yesterday’s post demonstrated. I am just out of sorts all over the place. I need vacation from my life. Anyone want to swap with me for a couple of weeks. My husband is pretty hot. And my son, despite being an energy drain, is really sweet. I have a well behaved cuddle bug of a dog. My friends are pretty awesome. My house is gorgeous. And I live in a stunning environment.
I know what you’re thinking? If your life is so flipping awesome, why do you want a break?
Duh, so I can appreciate it again. Absence and all that.
Anyway, bailing on write in tonight so I can get a massage which I think I need.
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday at cafe for a little prod of accountability.
– Research marketing locations for the next free giveaway for Scripting the Truth. Figure out the Reddit problem. Fine tune my categorization on amazon.
√ Bleh, I don’t have time for this sh*t.
– Write 2500 plus words per week on my 2015 Nano novel til completion. (Only another 5-6 weeks to go on that, I think.)
√ Bleh, it’s done, as bad as it is.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ Bleh, it’s still January. I did January already.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ Bleh, Taught the first workshop. Have given no thought what so ever to the second workshop. I better get on that.
– Edit my 2015 Nano Novel for 2016 publication.
√ Bleh, edited the rest of the chapters this week to finish my first soft pass. I have sent my novel off to my critique partner for his review by February 20th for the next workshop. But in reality there are already a four or five locations where I know it says “fill in some stuff here later” and I need to get cracking on what I plan to put in those spaces.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
-Non Applicable at this time.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either. Which leads me to …
– yoga daily.