Guess where I am?
Sigh, yes, I am at home. Sometimes being a parent sucks. I started the day telling kiddo we would be going to cafe tonight and he was soooo excited. Pizza! Friends! Pizza! Yeah! I reminded him he had to do his chores first. Sure, mom.
We got home from camp before one. I agreed to lunch and a token’s worth of TV (30 minutes). Yep. It’s 6 PM and he still hasn’t finished. Still whining that it’s too hard. There’s too much mess. Um, and who’s legos made this mess?
sigh. I miss you all…
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday for a little prod of accountability.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ Oh god, another month down the drain. Can I use the excuse that it just doesn’t seem like there are as many challenges right now? Every one seems to be on hiatus for summer. No? Fine. I failed. Again. >raspberry<
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ Rolling along. I’m not so sure about everyone publishing this year. But I think they will publish quality. A lot of participants are busy with rewrites and poking at the title, first page, and back cover copy.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
√ First draft done. Out for Beta. So far feedback has been hated it. I’ve had two others finish it recently and tell me they liked it a lot but they have notes. I’m waiting to see those notes. LOL. And two others haven’t gotten back to me. But I had someone ask me today if I wanted to really hear what she thought my novel needed. To which my response was: If I didn’t think it needed work, I would have just published already. It’s a good place to be in.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ groan. I am so screwed. I haven’t even started on my geography class. And I just got another class added to my schedule, but it’s comp. I can teach comp in my sleep.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either.
√ The only thing I am doing compulsively these days, is working on straightening out the financials for the pool board. And sadly, that is all I am doing full stop.
– yoga daily.
√ Does every other day count? LOL