There is no point in waiting til tonight to post this, I’m won’t be at Cafe. Once again I am dealing with stuff for the club, compounded by my lack of baby sitter. I need to find a solution to that little kerfluffle at some point.
In the mean time, I have stupendous news. I finished my spy novel. Yes, you read that right, after 4.5 years of work, I am done with my first draft. ROFL
It will not be another 4.5 years til publish. With a little luck, how about 4.5 months til publish. Like that?
Want to help? I need two rounds of beta readers. I know what you’re thinking, critique partner, hello? Ok, so for my first book that was my hubs. That worked pretty well except he’s slow as hell to get it back to me, he has a full life and a demanding wife, oh wait…
It was him for my second book too. Which didn’t work well, he knew all the twists ahead of time because he knows how my brain works which led to me dropping that book. So, skipping the hubs til later in the process.
First round of beta, I want writers, mostly. I have a great reviewer all queued up to sink her teeth in. So my fellow writers, who wants to tear it all to pieces?
Don’t worry my lovely readers, your turn is coming. Soon, I promise.
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday at cafe for a little prod of accountability.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ Nothing for June, but hey I finished my Spy Novel, cut me some slack. LOL
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ Rolling ahead. We got a new guy last time. But that’s going well. I was able to get him a critique partner and he’ll just be five months behind the rest of us. No worries. I’ll post about the class this upcoming weekend.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
√ I did it, I did it, I said that I would do it and indeed I did.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ Yeah, yeah, I’ve done jack all on this this week.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either.
– yoga daily.
√ Er, getting back to that. I got a little side tracked last week.