Good evening from North Bend. It’s cold , wet, and raining – in other words situation completely normal. I love it here. I really do.
Oh mi god, so tonight we were talking about Powells and how heinous their parking garage is and my friend S tell this story about the time she put a ding in her car. She was not at Powells but in Vancouver in a super tight parking garage and she accidentally bumped a pillar. Somehow it manage to put a little dent right where the door close sensor was so her car started dinging that her door was ajar. She put a “ding” in her car. ROFL. We were all dying laughing.
They were all trying to convince me to start the Downton Abbey train. I’ve been resisting. Mainly because everyone thinks I should watch it. I am so mulish that way. LOL
I’ve decided to report on my stated 2016 goals each Wednesday at cafe for a little prod of accountability.
– Research marketing locations for the next free giveaway for Scripting the Truth. Figure out the Reddit problem. Fine tune my categorization on amazon.
√ Still reading every marketing bit I can get my hands on. I have a long list of things to try when I get to ten reviews on Amazon, most things make that threshold. I am considering strongly running a little promo to help with that. Stay tuned.
– Write 2500 plus words per week on my 2015 Nano novel til completion. (Only another 5-6 weeks to go on that, I think.)
√ This is done more or less. I am well into my first pass of editing.
– Participate in one flash fiction challenge per month.
√ January is done. February still to come.
– Prepare and teach “Nano to Publish”.
√ Taught the first workshop and it went so much better than expected. Tune in Saturday for a recap.
– Edit my 2015 Nano Novel for 2016 publication.
√ It’s on like Donkey Kong. I edited I edited 15 chapters this week. I’m finding some funny parts. I’m liking it better and better. I have my first first pass critique partner assigned and we’ll see what he has to say in the upcoming weeks.
– Any time I am not actively working on my 2015 Nano Novel, write 2500 words per week on my spy novel until it is done. (After four years, it’s time to put this mess to bed.)
-Non Applicable at this time.
Non writing goals
– Prepare and teach two classes at the coop for the 2016-2017 school year.
√ Both done and working on it at the same time. LOL. My proposal is in. I won’t know if they want the class until later this year. But I am still picking and choosing youth appropriate literature for the class anyway.
– Take better care of my body, ie. stop compulsively painting, crocheting, and writing until my back or shoulder is so tore I can barely use either. Which leads me to …
√ Excellent week for listening to my body.
– yoga daily.
√ Every other day. Sigh. I need to really look at my schedule closer and see what I can do to rearrange things. On the plus side I’ve been getting so into my writing I run out of time to yoga some days. So that’s good-ish. LOL