Today’s book review is suspended in honor of my son’s eighth birthday. It’s tradition….
Eight things about my son
- He is a total hug monster. And he demands a hug when he wants one. That ability to ask for what he needs so boldly astounds me.
- He fully expects his needs to be met. smiles. This is the best thing I could ever teach him. His needs matter and he has a right to them.
- He learned to read this year. 2nd best thing he could learn. LOL
- His heart is constantly expanding. He can make a new best friend everywhere he goes and still love the old one.
- He has more girlfriends than the members of a rock band, combined. I still remember being at the zoo when he was maybe 2 and this little blond girl, he met that day, kissing him after they played together.
- He makes me laugh every day.
- He trusts me with his emotions.
- He does what he likes no matter what the norm is. He wears pjs everyday with a Star Wars Kylo Ren tie, paints his finger and toe nails, rocks a faux hawk, hates Disney style “kid” movies because they are mean, is just as likely to watch Lego Friends or My Little Pony as Ninjago or Rebels.